Don’t Get Sugar Shamed… Make a Healthy Unicorn Drink Instead
Make it a Healthy Unicorn Drink, Please!
It should come as no surprise,
That the new Starbuck Unicorn Frappuccino is making waves in social media. Some good, some negative… again, no surprise there.
But all press is good press, right? – and the hype is real, because for a limited time, you can pick up the magical dust sprinkled sweet tart tasting Unicorn Frapp and your local Megabucks store this week…..
Wait, What the Heck is a Unicorn Frappuccino?
From Starbucks Website (here), you’ll find the description:
The flavor-changing, color-changing, totally not-made-up Unicorn Frappuccino. Magical flavors start off sweet and fruity transforming to pleasantly sour. Swirl it to reveal a color-changing spectacle of purple and pink. It’s finished with whipped cream-sprinkled pink and blue fairy powders.
Well, who wouldn’t love a magical unicorn experience… even this manicorn guy loves them.
But you gotta wonder if it’s a bit of cannibalism on his part, even if he is half man, he’s still part unicorn too!
All over instagram, you’ll find not only memes like this, but genuine people too, who are enjoying the heck out of the new Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino.
Don’t be fooled though, this little treat of drink, does happen to contain a wallop of calories and sugar! So much so, that people on Facebook are resorting to ‘Sugar Shaming’ some of their friends and Social Media Connections…
If you post up your Legendary Selfie Sip on your profile, you might just be smacked with the following retort:
“Look at all the Sugar You’re Consuming!
I would Never Drink Something Like this!”
Now, that may be OK to say to a close friend, especially if they are working on their health, but here’s the truth.
Sugar Shaming someone for their One-Time Drink Purchase probably won’t help them make better choices, nor will it help you stand out as a positive leader to your Social Media Friends either….
And I’m hear to tell you,
If your inner-unicorn can’t resist to take a sip of this magical beverage, then go for it.
It will only be around for a week or so.
But, the very next question might just be-
What if you want to drink Unicorn All Year Long, Coach, I Love Unicorn Flavored stuff?
Well, don’t fret my friend,because I’m here to help.
Here is an alternative to the Sugar-Loaded Color Changing Beverage, you can make all year and never feel unicorn-guilty…
Your Healthy Unicorn Drink
- 1 Cup plain no sugar added Almond Milk,
- 1 full measure scoop of Vanilla Protein Poweder (I use Vanilla Shakeology) – Divide Scoop into thirds
- 1 1/2 tsp. raw honey, divided use
- 1/4 cup chopped medium strawberries
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup chopped mango
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
- And a Handful of Icecubes and Additional Water to Thin-Out as needed
1.– Place 1/3 cup Almond Milk, 1 portion of your Protein Powder, 1/2 tsp. honey, and strawberries in blender with a couple of Ice Cubes; cover; blend until smooth (add water if needed to thin out). Pour into cup. Set aside.
2. — Place 1/3 cup Almond Milk, 1 portion of your Protein Powder, 1/2 tsp. honey, and blueberries in blender with a couple of Ice Cubes; cover; blend until smooth. (add water if needed to thin out). Pour into cup on top of first set. Set aside.
3. — Place remaining 1/3 cup Almond Milk, 1 portion of your Protein Powder, remaining 1/2 tsp. honey, and mango in blender with a couple of Ice Cubes; cover; blend until smooth. (add water if needed to thin out). Pour into cup on top of the rest.
4. — Cover with unsweetened shredded coconut to top it off and enjoy!
While it won’t taste exactly the same, I promise it will have a unique unicorn, color mixing, sweet tart, like taste and will be somewhere around half the calories of the other beverage (and way less sugar)!
(I’m not a nutritionist, so you’d have to calculate your calorie and nutrient counts yourself, but I’m certain it is a much better blend for you. 🙂 )
Finally, I highly suggest that you use Vanilla Shakeology as your base. In my opinion, it is perfect and perfectly good for you too! I mean, why not have an awesome unicorn shake and get 70+ amazing, almost magical, nutrients too!
Anyways, if you loved the new Frappe or If you’re going to give my alternative Healthy Unicorn Drink a try, let me know in the comments below!
The Final Question to ask is,
How many Innocent Unicorns Were Killed in the Process of Releasing this new Flavor, if even, for only a week… You decide!
Hey Don’t Forget to Share this Post!
You Can Instantly Share On Twitter by Clicking this:
Also, Be Sure to Leave a Comment!
Did You Like This?
If so, I would greatly appreciate it if you leave a COMMENT BELOW and shared on Facebook and Twitter!
Make ‘Fit’ Happen,
I hope YOU Have a Magical and Legendary Day and enjoy your unicorn foods, including this awesome Healthy Unicorn Drink Alternative mentioned above!
Latest posts by Coach Jamie (see all)
- Bio Hacking Your Morning Routine to Burn Fat Fast and to Feel Better, Perform Better, & Overcome Obstacles Each Day - June 27, 2017
- Get Ninja Warrior Strong and Ripped with these 5 Components of Athleticism - June 25, 2017
- A Minimalist Challenge to You To Get Fit – No Gym, No Weights, No Cardio Needed - June 22, 2017